Sun, Feb 04|
Stage to Screen Retreat
Learn how to transfer your performance from the stage to on screen. Are you wanting to feel more confident in front of the camera? Join us for a 3 day immersive retreat experience which will enrich your craft and your life.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2024, 5:00 PM – Feb 08, 2024, 11:00 AM
Corwen, Bodlondeb, Corwen LL21 0NY, UK
About the event
What is it?
Are you wanting to feel more confident in front of the camera?
Perhaps understand the technical aspects so they feel less scary / daunting?
Or learn how to bring truth to the same line over and over again?
Dream team Steph and Pete are ready to help you discover how simple the transition can really be.
As a coach Steph specialises in safely guiding actors to trust themselves enough to let the camera in. Whilst Pete specialises in the film industry and the technicalities and detail of camera work.
Join us for a 3 day immersive retreat experience which will enrich your craft and your life.
How it works
This course would be ideal for anyone who wants to develop an understanding of the nuance's involved in acting for camera, or actors looking to diversify from stage acting to screen.
What we’ll cover
· Basic understanding of cameras / lenses
· Working with script
· Continuity - How to understand what matters without compromising performance.
· Finding the ease in front of the camera
· How to bring it take after take, after take
· Play back analysis - what works and doesn't work and why?
· Exploring difference between theatre acting and camera acting
· How to be an editor's dream
· An introduction to camera lenses and what they mean to you as an actor
· Common pitfalls and challenges when working on camera.
During the course you will have the opportunity to work with a camera and see how your performance comes across first hand. You will gain valuable feedback, and be able to reflect on and refine your technique.
· Accomodation at our custom built studio and retreat space in the rolling hills of North Wales
· Tailored coaching, directing and advice from Stephanie Morgan
· Indepth filming knowledge and training from Peter Firth of Multi-tool Media
· Wild swimming to awaken the senses
· Country walks in the wilds of Wales
· Open flame dinner on the Welsh moors
· You'll be staying in our custom built studio and retreat nestled in the rolling Welsh countryside.
· Sleeping up to twelve people, our accommodation is the perfect place to relax and bond with your group.
· We have a patio garden and balcony for moments of calm and boundless countryside to explore.
· Want to find out more about the accommodation? Click here!
· Getting here is easier than you think. You can drive or we can help with car sharing / collection from Chester/Ruabon if someone's not passing your route. And the T10 bus stops right outside our door!
1) Pay up front via the website.
2) Personal payment plans – If you need a little help, we can spread payments out to make them suit your pocket. Want to set one up? No problem!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you a bespoke package.
Who coaches you
Cofounder, Company Manager & Coach
Steph is a practitioner with over 15 years’ professional experience in the performing arts. Since 2005, she has worked in theatres across the country as a performer, Venue Technician, Stage Manager, Assistant Director and Director. Most recently, she taught Acting to Undergraduates and Masters’ students at ALRA Drama School and ICTheatre & has been a guest practitioner and lecturer at Leeds Conservatoire. Steph is an INLPTA certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner and an mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques) Master Coach - where neuroscience backs up ancient wisdoms. She integrates all her training into her teaching practice to fuel her passion for creating healthy and happy actors. Steph trained in the Meisner Technique under Scott Williams (The Impulse Company) and Keith Farquhar (Moment to Moment) and has been teaching her version for several years. Prior to Both Feet, Steph was the Managing Director of West Yorkshire Theatre Network (2009-2016), which offered performance and networking opportunities, rehearsal space and training courses from internationally renowned artists for thousands of actors across the world. She also is the founder and creator of Bodlondeb Retreat in North Wales, where our Both Feet Retreats take place.
CEO Multi-Tool Media
(https://www.multi-tool.media), a small North Wales based production company, and supplier of equipment and specialist camera operators, to a wide range of productions across the uk and around the world.
Pete Firth is a specialist camera operator, director of photography / Lighting cameraman and drone pilot, predominantly working in broadcast television and film, specialising in high end documentaries but working across an extensive range of genres. Trusted by the most highly respected broadcasters and streaming services to capture stunning visuals and tell their stories.
We will utilise a range of equipment as appropriate for the scene were filming, to include Broadcast approved, ultra high definition, Sony Cine series cameras. A range of Lighting & sound recording equipment, and a wide range of drones, gimbal stabilisers, camera sliders, grip and rigging are available as required.
Full Price Ticket
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to email@example.com. See you soon!£699.00
- Sale ends: Dec 11, 11:50 PM
Early Bird Ticket
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!£619.00
Deposit Only - Full Price
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to email@example.com. See you soon!£349.50
Deposit only - Early Bird£309.50