Mon, Mar 11|
Know Yourself with Enneagram Retreat
A retreat for actors, writers and makers. This retreat is a deep dive into you and others and how to identify other personality types to allow you to better connect with yourself in order to better connect with characters and those around you.
Time & Location
Mar 11, 2024, 5:00 PM – Mar 19, 2024, 11:00 AM
Corwen, Bodlondeb, Corwen LL21 0NY, UK
About the event
What is "Understanding your mind"?
To understand your mind and the thought process of others we use The Enneagram. The Enneagram is a powerful model for understanding the archetypal patterns of human nature. A blend of modern psychology and ancient insights, it has profound depth, and can be thought of as a developmental map of 9 interconnected personality types.
This collaborative retreat blends Stephanie’s exceptional skills in coaching and developing creative professionals, with Henrie’s deep study and long experience of applying and teaching The Enneagram. This deep and gentle journey will give you a richer understanding of yourself, and your creative process. It will also ease stress and can transform even long-standing blocks, and insecurities. It will allow you to dive deeply in to the psyche of characters, whether you are writing them, playing them, directing or creating them.
What you'll learn
• Know how to fully integrate into a character without struggling with yourself.
• Calmer auditioning, extending your casting bracket, finding a more embodied and truthful character
• Bring grounding & presence to your work by knowing yourself deeply and trusting yourself and your skills.
• Balance your creativity with analysis without drifting into self doubt and procrastination.
Become disciplined without becoming tense.
• Quiet your inner critic and being able to write regardless of what your own life is throwing at you.
• Gain certainty, clarity, calm in a practical & supportive environment.
• Learn how to make deeply congruent choices even when time is limited.
• Learn how to calm imposter syndrome and fully trust yourself creatively
• Feel equipped no matter the circumstances
1) Gain a true understanding of yourself.
Honest, profound and in depth experiential self development with one of the finest trainers in the world: Dr Henrie Lidiard.
The Enneagram is a powerful and profound model for understanding archetypal patterns in human nature.
It is sometimes described as “A map of the human soul”.
The Enneagram itself is a synthesis of wisdom and insights from diverse spiritual traditions combined with the clarity and precision of modern psychology.
2) Expanding your craft
Practically join the dots between the deep dive into Enneagram and characters you create and/or embody.
3) Infused with the great outdoors of North Wales to invignorate you and remind you what being alive truly feels like.
- Food package for arrival evening and first morning
- 7 days' practical training in the Enneagram with Dr Henrie Lidiard
- Practical and embodied guidance from Steph to translate it into a usable tool for your craft.
- A beautifully fused coaching experience from the studio into the wild and back again.
- Activities such as: Stand Up Paddleboarding, walking, fire & marshmallows, and wild swimming.
- Enneagram work folder
- Shared accommodation for 9 nights
- or a private offsite room
- or choose "full course, no bed"
- A day off with an organised activity & space to rest.
- Experience that will last you a lifetime.
· You'll be staying in our custom built studio and retreat nestled in the rolling Welsh countryside.
· Sleeping up to twelve people, our accommodation is the perfect place to relax and bond with your group.
· We have a patio garden and balcony for moments of calm and boundless countryside to explore.
· Want to find out more about the accommodation? Click here!
· Getting here is easier than you think. You can drive or we can help with car sharing / collection from Chester/Ruabon if someone's not passing your route. And the T10 bus stops right outside our door!
1) Pay up front via the website.
2) Personal payment plans – If you need a little help, we can spread payments out to make them suit your pocket. Want to set one up? No problem!
Email email@example.com and we can give you a bespoke package.
Who coaches you
Cofounder, Company Manager & Coach
Steph is a practitioner with over 15 years’ professional experience in the performing arts. Since 2005, she has worked in theatres across the country as a performer, Venue Technician, Stage Manager, Assistant Director and Director. Most recently, she taught Acting to Undergraduates and Masters’ students at ALRA Drama School and ICTheatre & has been a guest practitioner and lecturer at Leeds Conservatoire. Steph is an INLPTA certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner and an mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques) Master Coach - where neuroscience backs up ancient wisdoms. She integrates all her training into her teaching practice to fuel her passion for creating healthy and happy actors. Steph trained in the Meisner Technique under Scott Williams (The Impulse Company) and Keith Farquhar (Moment to Moment) and has been teaching her version for several years. Prior to Both Feet, Steph was the Managing Director of West Yorkshire Theatre Network (2009-2016), which offered performance and networking opportunities, rehearsal space and training courses from internationally renowned artists for thousands of actors across the world. She also is the founder and creator of Bodlondeb Retreat in North Wales, where our Both Feet Retreats take place.
Dr Henrie Lidiard
B.Sc., Ph.D., INLPTA NLP Master Trainer, Riso/Hudson Accredited Enneagram Trainer, mBIT Master Coach & Trainer
Henrie works as an innovative coach and trainer and her passion is helping people to discover their innate depth and potential in a way that enriches their lives at work and beyond. She began her career as a successful research scientist, and became fascinated by how people learn, work together and evolve. Having changed fields, she now has more than 20 years experience delivering powerful self-awareness, and personal development programmes to professionals within widely differing contexts. In 2000 she sought out the renowned Enneagram teachers Don Riso and Russ Hudson, and began her training with them in 2001. Finding the Enneagram to be the most profound doorway to self awareness, personal evolution and fulfilment, she later committed to the rigorous trainer accreditation programme and was delighted to be awarded her Accredited Enneagram Trainer status, with Honours in 2013. (A certification she values even more highly than her Ph.D.)
She is also an mBIT Master Coach and Trainer, and loves introducing people to the neuroscience behind their gut feelings and intuitive knowing, so that they can rediscover and trust their embodied intelligences. She has also been teaching and innovating in the field of Neurolinguistic Programming since 1999. In 2004 she qualified as one of only a handful of INLPTA NLP Master Trainers in the UK. She has co-trained with Dr Wyatt Woodsmall (the founder of INLPTA) on more than 14 International NLP Trainer Trainings. She has also researched the efficacy of NLP in health care (palliative care/MRI Radiography), and in mental health. Her coaching and training are supported by the ongoing study and personal practice of the cognitive, emotional and somatic tools she teaches. She has been a student in the Ridhwan School since 2010, is happily married, lives in West Yorkshire, dabbles in stained glass, and is owned by a cat.
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!£1,279.00
- Sale ends: Jan 29, 2024, 11:50 PM
Early Bird Ticket
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to email@example.com. See you soon!£1,199.00
- Sale ends: Jan 22, 2024, 11:00 AM
Deposit Only - Early Bird
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to see you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!£599.50
- Sale ends: Mar 04, 2024, 11:50 PM
Deposit only - Full Price£639.50