Mon, Aug 05|
Deep Dive with Barbara Houseman
Deep Dive - Breath, Body and Voice with Barbara Houseman and Stephanie Morgan A chance to profoundly transform breath, body, voice and performance. "Barbara's work starts with voice, passes through the physical and results in a character. Her teaching helps total performance" - Jude Law
Time & Location
Aug 05, 2024, 5:00 PM – Aug 12, 2024, 11:00 AM
Corwen, Bodlondeb, Corwen LL21 0NY, UK
About the event
This retreat will enable you to explore connecting deeply with your inner and outer voice. Removing the blocks that stop you from fully expressing your authentic self with confidence and ease whether speaking your own words or the words of a script and whether you are communicating/performing in person or on screen. There will be a mixture of deeply organic work and practical, tangible technical work which you can easily carry into your everyday life. The first four days will explore all aspects of inner and outer voice work and connection to text. The last two days will focus in on individual work on text. Here at Bodlondeb Studio & Retreat we are passionate about rich neurological, full bodied experiences that stay with you for a lifetime so this training will also be combined with outdoor activities to drop your learning down deep into your body and other-than-conscious. And aside from anything else, it’ll be fun!
"While I’m sure that we have all come away with technical skills and a deeper knowledge of vocal technique, when Barbara asked us on the last day what our learnings were, we were all saying the same things: trust, acceptance, allowing, grounding. All of which seem like a pretty solid base upon which to build our craft." ~ Nicki from Nov 2021 Retreat
· Shared accomodation for 7 nights
· Specialist vocal and character connection coaching with world renowned coach Barbara Houseman.
· Food package for arrival evening and first morning and kitchen basics ie tea, coffee, spices, oils etc (the rest you’ll order with local delivery)
· A beautifully fused coaching experience from the studio into the wild and back again utilising Stephs in depth knowledge of human behaviour and her vast experience as a Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner and mBIT (Multiple Brain Integration Techniques) Master Coach.
· Wild swimming & walks
· Tubing on the white waters
· Making fire and dinner up on the moors.
· You'll be staying in our custom built studio and retreat nestled in the rolling Welsh countryside.
· Sleeping up to twelve people, our accommodation is the perfect place to relax and bond with your group.
· We have a patio garden and balcony for moments of calm and boundless countryside to explore.
· Want to find out more about the accommodation? Click here!
· Getting here is easier than you think. You can drive or we can help with car sharing / collection from Chester/Ruabon if someone's not passing your route. And the T10 bus stops right outside our door!
1) Pay up front via the website.
2) Personal payment plans – If you need a little help, we can spread payments out to make them suit your pocket. Want to set one up? No problem!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you a bespoke package.
Who coaches you
Cofounder, Company Manager & Coach
Steph is a practitioner with over 15 years’ professional experience in the performing arts. Since 2005, she has worked in theatres across the country as a performer, Venue Technician, Stage Manager, Assistant Director and Director. Most recently, she taught Acting to Undergraduates and Masters’ students at ALRA Drama School and ICTheatre & has been a guest practitioner and lecturer at Leeds Conservatoire. Steph is an INLPTA certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner and an mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques) Master Coach - where neuroscience backs up ancient wisdoms. She integrates all her training into her teaching practice to fuel her passion for creating healthy and happy actors. Steph trained in the Meisner Technique under Scott Williams (The Impulse Company) and Keith Farquhar (Moment to Moment) and has been teaching her version for several years. Prior to Both Feet, Steph was the Managing Director of West Yorkshire Theatre Network (2009-2016), which offered performance and networking opportunities, rehearsal space and training courses from internationally renowned artists for thousands of actors across the world. She also is the founder and creator of Bodlondeb Retreat in North Wales, where our Both Feet Retreats take place.
World Renowned Voice Coach, Acting Coach and Director
Barbara Houseman has worked in theatre for over forty years. After dividing her time between Directing and Voice Work, she spent six years in the world renowned Voice Department at the Royal Shakespeare Company, working alongside Cicely Berry and then became Associate Director at the Young Vic working on Grimm’s Tales & Comedy of Errors. For the last 22 years she has worked freelance as a Voice, Text and Acting coach and Associate Director and Director. Among other private clients she coaches Daniel Radcliffe, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Jessie Buckley on various projects. In 2009 she joined Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre as Voice and Text Coach and in 2014 became Season Associate Director - Voice & Text. She has worked on numerous shows in the West End including End Game, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Duchess of Malfi, Design for Living & Playboy of the Western World at the Old Vic; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time and The Ferryman at the Gielgud; Macbeth, Richard iii and Dr Faustus for the Jamie Lloyd company; the All Female Shakespeare Trilogy, St Joan, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Coriolanus, Trelawney of the Wells at the Donmar.
She is the author of Finding Your Voice and Tackling Text [and Subtext] both published by Nick Hern Books and of two digital Masterclasses Developing Your Voice and Bringing the Text to Life. Barbara has also trained as a Healing Shiatsu Practitioner, Master NLP Practitioner and Clean Language & Symbolic Modelling Coach and these have all influenced her work as has her 33 years practising Mindfulness. She now teaches Mindfulness and Compassion alongside her voice, acting and directing work.
Click here to find out more about Barbaras Retreats.
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to meet you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to email@example.com. See you soon!£949.00
- Sale ends: Jun 10, 2024, 11:50 PM
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to meet you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!£849.00
- Sale ends: Jul 26, 2024, 11:50 PM
Deposit only - Full Price
Hello! Thank you for booking onto the retreat. We can’t wait to meet you! You will shortly receive an email with your Welcome Pack. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions. Just drop an email to email@example.com. See you soon!£474.50
- Sale ends: Jun 03, 2024, 11:50 PM
Deposit only - Early Bird£424.50