We've been a little quiet over the last six months because I have been busy, busy building Bodlondeb Studio & Retreat here in North Wales, in my garden.
We open in a matter of days (9) and there is still a huge amount to do so I'll keep this short and sweet - I am deliriously tired!
It's really important to me that I make sure people who genuinely can't afford the training can come. Adam and I have run several year long and course specific scholarships to ensure our doors remain open to those who need it.
I've been so busy with the build and choosing wood, paint and taps that I had missed some elements of launching the retreats that are deeply important to me and this is one of them. So I had a think.
For this 9 night course specifically it costs me just under £200/person to have someone on site (not including my time, accommodation or paying off loans etc) so I couldn't offer a full scholarship as we don't have the funds to cover the rest but I could at least offer it at cost price, giving my time and accommodation as a gift. I reached out to some people in the industry to ask if they knew anyone who might be interested in the training and specifically those who wouldn't normally be able to access it.
One very kind soul, writer, maker, director, VO artist Dermot Daly, offered to cover the cost of one place, as a gift to someone who would deeply benefit. Well that blew me away.
"I’ve been lucky in the opportunities that I’ve had and continue to have and am fully aware that stories like mine are few and far between. If I can rebalance in some small way then I will.
The idea of using a fee for a voiceover to gift training to someone is just beautiful and I know that what you do is awesome and brilliant."
So here we are, able to offer a fully funded place on our first ever Actor Training Retreat to a brilliant and deserving soul who is in a position to down tools and get to Wales on the 12th July!
We'll keep it simple. Email me on email@example.com or fill in the contact form by Wed 7th July about why you'd like to come on the retreat and why we should offer you the scholarship.
More Information About the Retreat
Introduction to Meisner, 9 night retreat in North Wales
With the great outdoors to guide the training into your body
Here's Steph chatting about it https://fb.watch/6rY_ejvPNx/
A deeply immersive, experiential and tailored programme designed to deeply connect you to yourself, each other and your craft.
- Food package for arrival evening and first morning and kitchen basics ie tea, coffee, spices, oils etc (you can let us know food requirements on booking).
- 7 days training in The Meisner Technique from basic repetition and exploring the impulse to move all the way through to text analysis and scene work.
- A beautifully fused coaching experience from the acting studio into the wild and back again with Steph and our partner activity instructor.
- Activities: Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Archery, White Water Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Foraging & Campfire,
NB we reserve the right to change or adapt the activities if necessary
- Food at the campfire and something foraged & handmade to take away ie teas, cordials muscle rub, salves, first aid ointment.
Full info: https://www.bodlondebretreat.co.uk/introduction-to-meisner
Arrive Open, Leave Changed